Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Why....

Let's start at the very beginning...with an introduction. :)
Many of the people who may give this blog a browse will already know me, others may not...so here it goes.

My name is Tracy and I am a 43 year old wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, runner and leader/president of a Rogers/Fido Dealership with 20 stores, across Ontario.  I am passionate about many things and at the top of the list is PEOPLE.  I love my family with every ounce of fiber in my being.  They are my heart and soul.  I have a small collection of people I consider close friends and for them, I would do anything.  The largest group in my life are the individuals who make up our Rogers and Fido Team.  We are just shy of 100 members.  When the idea of this blog first crossed my mind, it was really all about them.

We pride ourselves on being a PEOPLE FIRST organization and I am constantly looking for new and different ways to demonstrate this commitment.

The original idea for the blog was to have a place to highlight the world BEYOND the business.  At the end of the day, even the most busy and stressful ones, we are all people who strive to have a rewarding and fulfilling life, both professionally and personally.  At a time when our industry is crazy, chaotic and often times demanding and stressful, it is incredibly important for our team to know we get it.  While we want and need them to be successful on the sales floor, we also want them to be happy and enriched in their personal life. We continually talk about leading by example and we do it very well on the sales floor.  We may not do it as well, beyond the sales floor.  It isn't that we don't believe in balance and family and health and wellness.  In fact, it is for these very reasons we work as hard as we do.

So...this blog will act as a window that looks beyond the sale. Some of the posts could simply be about what's going on in my life and others may be about some great team activities happening beyond the sales floor.  Heck...it may even be about you!   For instance, recently, the Beyond Monday Running Group was born!!  Wicked cool.  Through this blog, you are sure to hear more about this endeavor and you may even be challenged  to join in on the BIG HAIRY AUDACIOUS running challenge.

So there you have it.  The blog has purpose and has been created with the best of intentions.  The path we take is sure to be bumpy and often times uncertain, but that is kinda part of the fun.

I hope you enjoy and feel welcome to provide feedback.

Thanks.

Tracy

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world Tracy! Love the idea of sharing something like this...eager to follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to read some great stories and insights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea TBG! I look forward to reading more! Thank you very much for doing this blog!

    ReplyDelete